Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Personal Information
“Personal Information” is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your household, such as your name, email address, IP address, telephone number, and broader categories of information such as your professional, educational or health information, commercial information, and internet activity.
Categories of Information Collected
- Visitor Data: Thrizer collects, uses, and stores data regarding user visits to its website and use of the Thrizer application ("Visitor Data"), including the particular pages visited or viewed by the user, the amount of time the user spent on the website or application, website errors experienced by the user, visits to the Thrizer "FAQ" page, and information about the browser or device used to access the website and application, such as the user’s mobile device
ID and IP address: These practices apply to users who visit pages for prospective new customers as well as those who visit pages for prospective Providers.
- Onboarding Data: In addition to the questionnaire responses provided by users (including Providers) in the process of initial registration, Thrizer collects, uses, and stores certain additional data from users during the onboarding process ("Onboarding Data"). This data includes the pages viewed by the user, whether the user clicks the "Get started" link to begin completing the questionnaire, and whether the user responds to any of the questionnaire prompts.
- Account Registration Data: Thrizer collects, uses, and stores certain information in connection with the account registration process, such as whether users registered using their Facebook or Google profiles, and whether a user verifies their reported email address or phone number ("Account Registration Data"). Thrizer also assigns each user (including Providers) who creates a Thrizer account an anonymized, randomly-generated client ID.
- Transaction Data: Thrizer collects, uses, and stores certain information regarding payment for its services by users and related transactions on its website, such as whether a user completed payment for Thrizer’s services, signed up for Thrizer’s services using a trial offer, canceled or otherwise ended a trial, or completed a request to receive financial aid for Thrizer’s services ("Transaction Data").
- Login Data: Thrizer collects, uses, and stores data regarding logins to Thrizer’s Platform by registered users (including Providers) and activity conducted during that log in such as when a user logs in, the number of messages received or sent through Thrizer’s website or app during that log in, and whether a user has been assigned, started, or completed a counseling goal ("Login Data"). Login Data does not include the content of any messages sent or received by users or the content of any counseling goals.
- Counseling Session Data: Thrizer collects, uses, and stores certain general data regarding user counseling sessions such as whether a live session has been scheduled by the user, whether a Provider or user joins a scheduled session, when a counseling session began and ended, and whether a counseling session was canceled or re-scheduled.
- Customer Data: Thrizer collects, uses, and stores certain data from users that have signed up for Thrizer’s services such as a user’s self-reported name or nickname, age, e-mail address, phone number, and emergency contact information ("Customer Data").
- Provider Data: In order to credential, recredential, run checks and pay Providers, Thrizer collects, uses, and stores certain data from Providers. This data includes information such as the Provider’s name, e-mail address, and phone number, address, NPI number (if applicable), CAQH number (if applicable) and education and job history ("Provider Data").
- Communications Data: Thrizer collects, uses, and stores communications between users and Providers on the Platform, and communications between users and Thrizer’s customer service team ("Communications Data").
- Identifiers and contact information: Such as your name, email address, mailing address, phone numbers, social security numbers, government-issued IDs (such as driver’s licenses), IP addresses, and unique identifiers such as your usernames and passwords. We collect this information directly from you and from third-party sources for the purpose of creating and managing your Thrizer account (“Account”), for communicating with you, verifying your identity, and providing our Services to you.
- Professional and employment-related information: Such as your business name, your license number, calendar and scheduling information, and other information related to your business. We collect this information directly from you for the purpose of administering your Account and providing you our Services, including facilitating your use of our CE Marketplace.
- Transactional information: Such as credit or debit card numbers and tax IDs. We collect this information directly from you to process your payments for our Services. We also collect your insurance information in order to process payments made to you by your clients.
- Audio, electronic, and visual information: Such as your photograph or image, your voice and other similar information. We process this information to enable your use of our Telehealth service.
- Commercial information: Such as products and services you have purchased from us. We collect this information to maintain customer records, identify trends in our customer relationships, and conduct business analytics.
- Profile information and inferences: Such as information about your preferences and characteristics. We collect profile information by drawing inferences from the above categories of Personal Information to understand your preferences and tailor our services and communications to you.
How We Share and Disclose Provider Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- Publicly, but only with your permission: We may share your Personal Information publicly with your permission. For example, with your permission, we may publicly post your photograph, your name, professional titles, and comments on the “Reviews” section of our websites.
- To Service Providers: We may share your Personal Information with companies that provide services to us, such as for hosting, marketing and communication services, and payment processing (“Service Providers”). Our policy is to authorize these Service Providers to use your Personal Information only as necessary to provide services for us and require that they not use or disclose your Personal Information for any other purpose.
- To third parties outside of Thrizer:
- For business purposes and advertising: Only as necessary for facilitating the Provider Services, we may share a user’s information with a Provider and a Provider’s information with a user. We may also share your information with vendors and service providers, including our data hosting and data storage partners, analytics and advertising providers, and vendors providing technology services and support, payment processing, and data security. We also may share information with professional advisers, such as auditors, law firms, and accounting firms.
- If you join our Services because of a referral under our referral program, we may share your name and the fact that you joined our Services with the person who referred you.
- From time to time, we may be required to provide Personal Information to a third party to comply with a subpoena, court order, government investigation, or similar legal process.
- We may also share your Personal Information to third parties, such as law enforcement agencies, when we, in good faith, believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
- To any other third party for whom you have given your consent for us to share your Personal Information.
- In the context of a transaction: We may share your information in connection with an asset sale, merger, bankruptcy, or other business transaction.
- Note that if you make any information publicly available on the Platform, anyone may see and use such information.
Purposes for Which Personal Information is Used
We may use the information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To contact you or provide you with information, alerts and suggestions that are related to the Platform.
- To verify your identity
- To complete an activity you requested, such as register for the Platform or obtain more information.
- To reach out to you, either ourselves or using the appropriate authorities, if we have a good reason to believe that you or any other person may be in danger or may be either the cause or the victim of a criminal act.
- Delivery of services to you
- To create your account on our Platform and let you log in to your account and use the Platform.
- To manage your account, provide you with customer support, and ensure you are receiving quality service.
- For billing and transaction processing purposes.
- To match users with Providers and facilitate the Provider Services.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Platform and the Provider Services.
- Administration and improvement of services.
- To supervise, administer and monitor the Platform.
- To measure and improve the quality, effectiveness, and delivery of our services.
- Customization and marketing
- To advertise and market the Platform and Provider Services to potential users and Providers.
- To personalize website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to individual interests, including targeted offers and ads through our websites, third-party sites, and via email or text message.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- To comply with applicable state and federal laws, including, but not limited to laws related to protecting client and public health and safety.
- Other uses with consent: Any other purpose with your consent.
Access and Choice
- Account Settings: If your Personal Information changes, or if you no longer desire our Services, you may modify or remove it by logging into your Account and making the changes in your Account settings.
- Marketing Opt-out Preferences: You can opt out of receiving marketing emails by using the unsubscribe link contained in the email. We may still send you emails about your relationship with us and your transactions, including Account information and alerts, purchase confirmations, and updates to our products, services, and policies.
- Account Deletion: Thrizer customers may cancel and delete their Accounts at any time. Before cancelling and deleting your account, please export your data using a private internet connection that is password protected. Thrizer is not responsible for any lost or stolen data resulting from a customer’s lack of diligence or failure to follow reasonable security protocols during or after the data export process. Please note, if you do not export your data before deleting your account, there may be no way to retrieve the data.
After you have exported your data and stored it in a secure location, you may proceed to deactivating and deleting your account by navigating to “General Settings” from your Account Settings. You will see a link on the bottom left of the page that says, “Want to cancel your account?” You may select this option, follow the prompts, and proceed to cancel and delete your account.
Your Business Associate Agreement is accessible at any time from your Account Settings (“Agreements” page). Please understand that we will not be able to provide you certain Services if you cancel and delete your account.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
We use information gathered from these tracking technologies so that we can analyze trends, administer the Services, track users’ movements around the Services, and gather demographic information about our user base. We may combine information we obtain through tracking technologies with other Personal Information that we have collected about you to make our Services, communications, and advertisements more targeted to your interests.
Most web browsers can be set to inform you when a cookie has been sent to you and provide you with the opportunity to refuse that cookie. If you reject cookies, you may still use our Services, but your ability to use some areas of our Services will be limited. You may also opt out of targeted advertisements by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative opt out page.
Do Not Track: Please note that the Services are not presently configured to respond to DNT or “do not track” signals from web browsers or mobile devices. As such, we do not recognize or respond to Do Not Track requests.
Retention and Security
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as your Account is active, as needed to provide you Services, and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We follow industry best practices to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. While using any Internet-based service carries inherent security risks that cannot be 100% prevented, our systems, infrastructure, encryption technology, operation and processes are all designed, built, and maintained with your security and privacy in mind. We apply industry standards and best practices to prevent any unauthorized access, use, and disclosure. We comply with all applicable federal laws, state laws, and regulations regarding data privacy.
- Phishing: Online identity theft and account hacking, including the practice currently known as "phishing", are of great concern. You should always be diligent when you are being asked for your account information and you must always make sure you do that in our secure system. We will never request your login information or your credit card information in any non-secure or unsolicited communication (email, phone or otherwise).
- Children’s Privacy: We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to become our user. The Platform is not directed and not intended to be used by children under the age of 13. If you are aware that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 13 please let us know by contacting us and we will delete that information.
- Service Providers: We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Platform, to perform certain tasks which are related to the Platform, or to provide audit, legal, operational or other services for us. These tasks include, but not limited to, customer service, technical maintenance, monitoring, email management and communication, database management, billing and payment processing, reporting and analytics. We will share with them only the minimum necessary information to perform their task for us and only after entering into appropriate confidentiality agreements.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose information necessary or appropriate to protect the safety of the public or any person, to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), and to prevent or stop activity that may be illegal or dangerous. You should also be aware that Providers may be obliged to disclose information to law enforcement or other authorities to conform to their professional and legal responsibilities. Specifically, and without limitation, you should be aware that the law requires mental health professionals to disclose information and/or take action in the following cases: (a) reported or suspected abuse of a child or vulnerable adult; (b) serious suicidal potential; (c) threatened harm to another person; (d) court-ordered presentation of treatment.